What WOULD Bekki Eat?

Well, I'll start with what I wouldn't eat. I wouldn't eat margarine. Or tofu. Or lowered-fat anything. Olestra is right out. Hydrolyzed, isolated, evaporated, enriched, or chocolate flavored "phood" won't pass these lips.
What will I eat? Real food. Made-at-home food. Food that my great-great-grandmother could have made, if she had the money and the time. And if she hadn't been so busy trick-riding in a most unladylike way.

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Sometimes I'm dumb


Ain't that pretty?
That's my banana bread. I get to eat that. I'm glad.
It actually rose a bit! I'm surprised by that... GF breads aren't very good at that. Maybe I'm just the GFCF baking goddess, or something. Hee hee

In other news... I made lasagna for dinner. And have since told my hubby that if I ever get the idea to make lasagna again (which I probably won't, but we'll get to that) on a day when I have done anything other than sit on my bottom, he is to intervene. He is to flatten me to the floor, if need be.
I was so tired and flustered and frustrated... I put so many bad thoughts into dinner it's no wonder I have indigestion now. I already had a mess from baking (made gluteny cookies for the kids before I made the banana bread), and I can NOT cook in a messy kitchen. Just can't do it. And as everyone surely knows, lasagna isn't quick. And I had to make two. No, I'm not masochistic... see... I had bought everything for lasagna right before I figured out I can't have gluten and dairy. It was sitting there, making me think of the wasted money... so I finally decided to make regular lasagna for hubby and freak-sagna for myself. And test my soy intolerance at the same time.

It was dumb. I won't do that again.


For one thing... too much work. For another thing... tofu-sagna is unappealing already. But if you spend 45 minutes smelling cheese melt... well... I very much almost ate the real lasagna. But I didn't. Yay me.

No, I didn't eat the good lasagna, because that would have made me sick. How so? Exhausted, moody, brain foggy, indigestion... stuff like that.
So, after eating the funky tofu-sagna, how do I feel? Exhausted, moody, brain foggy, indigestion... shit!


I'm still holding out hope that tamari (soy sauce for snobs) will be ok. Surely the fermentation process is akin to magic?

Oh, and if the banana bread tastes as good as it looks/smells, I'll share the recipe. I won't bother with the freak-sagna. You really don't want to make it.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tejas, United States
I am many things... all at the same time. (No wonder I don't get much done!) I am a wife to a retired infantryman, mother of 3, stocker (and stalker) of the fridge, passionate fan of food, nutrition, ecology, coffee, wine, and college football. I love all things witchy and piratey. I often cook with booze. I feed stray cats. I don't believe in sunscreen. I don't like shoes and really hate socks. And I currently can't eat any gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, coconut(!?), or sodium metabisulfite (aw, shucks, no chemical snackies.) Sometimes even citric acid gets me. But only sometimes.