What WOULD Bekki Eat?

Well, I'll start with what I wouldn't eat. I wouldn't eat margarine. Or tofu. Or lowered-fat anything. Olestra is right out. Hydrolyzed, isolated, evaporated, enriched, or chocolate flavored "phood" won't pass these lips.
What will I eat? Real food. Made-at-home food. Food that my great-great-grandmother could have made, if she had the money and the time. And if she hadn't been so busy trick-riding in a most unladylike way.

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Magic Bacon


My daily astrology email told me to take it easy this morning... and indulge... not try anything strenuous until the Moon was no longer Void and moved into Sagittarius. So I did. When the Cosmos speaks, I listen. Well, when it says something I like, anyway.


I made everything-free French toast and bacon. I used my ol' standby Almond Rice bread, dipping it in a custard of egg and coconut mik, with vanilla and cinnamon. Topped off with maple syrup and shredded coconut. It looked better than it tasted. Damn Cosmos.
I couldn't get a picture of the bacon, because it disappeared. I cooked an entire pound and got two slices, eaten while still scorching hot. The rest went into my hubby and 2-year-old. Mostly into the 2-year-old. He really likes bacon.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tejas, United States
I am many things... all at the same time. (No wonder I don't get much done!) I am a wife to a retired infantryman, mother of 3, stocker (and stalker) of the fridge, passionate fan of food, nutrition, ecology, coffee, wine, and college football. I love all things witchy and piratey. I often cook with booze. I feed stray cats. I don't believe in sunscreen. I don't like shoes and really hate socks. And I currently can't eat any gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, coconut(!?), or sodium metabisulfite (aw, shucks, no chemical snackies.) Sometimes even citric acid gets me. But only sometimes.