What WOULD Bekki Eat?

Well, I'll start with what I wouldn't eat. I wouldn't eat margarine. Or tofu. Or lowered-fat anything. Olestra is right out. Hydrolyzed, isolated, evaporated, enriched, or chocolate flavored "phood" won't pass these lips.
What will I eat? Real food. Made-at-home food. Food that my great-great-grandmother could have made, if she had the money and the time. And if she hadn't been so busy trick-riding in a most unladylike way.

Friday, February 1, 2008

Sick food


Stir-fry. It's easy. It's what's for dinner.
I've got a really bad cold... and had a head (? Bunch? Glob? What's it called?) of bok choy to use, thanks to the Greenling delivery yesterday. So... I sliced up some chicken breast earlier in the day (while it was still partially-frozen, which makes it much easier to cut) and tossed some stuff into the ziploc bag it was already in. Voila... a marinade. Tamari sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, and cayenne. Then at dinner time I sliced up the bok choy, an onion, and 4 cloves of garlic... stir-fried everything in coconut oil, added some chicken broth and more ginger. Then thickened the sauce a bit with cornstarch. It's kinda like stir-fried chicken soup... which is just what I need right now.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Tejas, United States
I am many things... all at the same time. (No wonder I don't get much done!) I am a wife to a retired infantryman, mother of 3, stocker (and stalker) of the fridge, passionate fan of food, nutrition, ecology, coffee, wine, and college football. I love all things witchy and piratey. I often cook with booze. I feed stray cats. I don't believe in sunscreen. I don't like shoes and really hate socks. And I currently can't eat any gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, coconut(!?), or sodium metabisulfite (aw, shucks, no chemical snackies.) Sometimes even citric acid gets me. But only sometimes.