What WOULD Bekki Eat?

Well, I'll start with what I wouldn't eat. I wouldn't eat margarine. Or tofu. Or lowered-fat anything. Olestra is right out. Hydrolyzed, isolated, evaporated, enriched, or chocolate flavored "phood" won't pass these lips.
What will I eat? Real food. Made-at-home food. Food that my great-great-grandmother could have made, if she had the money and the time. And if she hadn't been so busy trick-riding in a most unladylike way.

Sunday, August 19, 2012

This! This is what is wrong!

I am just so hung up. There's a traffic jam of obscenities and righteous indignations clogging up the tirade that is trying to pour forth.




This is what's wrong in America today, folks. This is why over 30% of us are obese. Not just fat, obese.

Ok... it's not the one and only factor... estrogen-mimicking plastics in our water and food and register receipts are part of it. But for fuck's sake... "less than once a week?" And they're not meaning Julia Child-style cooking, they likely include warming a disposable plastic bowl of Easy Mac or pouring a bowl of pencil-shavings cereal as "preparing food."

Ugh.

I have to go make lunch. It may involve simply warming things, but only because I already cooked them for real the first time.

1 comment:

grippingthewheel said...


THANK YOU, Lady Bekki. America's great terrorist threat comes from within. Fat, greasy, stupid, chemically brain damaged children are the end of America's potential. Or maybe that is who we are as a nation. The Fat, The Stupid. The Greasy.

Screw it. Eliminate and outlaw fresh foods and meats. Feed everyone [children receive double portions] Tyson frozen glory for three meals plus snacks. Shelf life is now Christian-Sharia Law. Nuggetize and crispy-coat everything. And this shuts up all the whiny hippie dirt-foot celebrities appearing before Congressional committees. Pizza Hut in all public schools. Grocery stores save time, eliminate employees and space because all markets are converted to giant freezer-aisled tombs. PROFITS SOAR! No more thinking. No more planning. No more refrigerators and worry about expiration dates. A Fat Frozen Food America. A Dipping Sauce Nation. A Soylent Nation dream come true.

Is not a quick, clogged arterial death more merciful? Imagine the savings on health care if the Porker Nation dies nice and young. Social Security and Medicare become irrelevant. Job Creators get bigger yachts. America wins in a blubbery, fat-satiated death. Sweet chapter in the History books.

Soylent Yellow Day is my favorite

About Me

My photo
Tejas, United States
I am many things... all at the same time. (No wonder I don't get much done!) I am a wife to a retired infantryman, mother of 3, stocker (and stalker) of the fridge, passionate fan of food, nutrition, ecology, coffee, wine, and college football. I love all things witchy and piratey. I often cook with booze. I feed stray cats. I don't believe in sunscreen. I don't like shoes and really hate socks. And I currently can't eat any gluten, dairy, eggs, soy, coconut(!?), or sodium metabisulfite (aw, shucks, no chemical snackies.) Sometimes even citric acid gets me. But only sometimes.